The County Constitution states:
County Regional Chairs - shall serve as liaisons between the County Executive Committee and the precinct chairs. The term of office shall be two years.
The Regional Chair serves as a liaison between the County Executive Committee and the Precinct Chairs. Regional Chairs must be residents of the region they oversee and be registered Republican voters. Regional Chairs are elected at the Summit County Republican Organizing Convention and are part of the Summit County Executive Committee and the County Central Committee.
Duties of a Regional Chair
- Report to the Executive Committee on the actions of the Precinct Chairs
- Strategize, support and implement Get Out the Vote efforts
- Establishing phone banks and block walks targeting and canvassing voters
- Welcome new Precinct Chairs and provide orientation materials
- Preparing for and conducting the precinct and county conventions
- Help to establish a budget
- Serve a 2-year term (from the date elected to the adjournment of the County Organizing Convention in which a new chair is elected)
- Strategize, participate in and oversee County fund raising efforts
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers and volunteer program
- Train precinct chairs in their duties